4/21/17

Woodbury/Nonnewaug High School

Welcome to our visitor from
Woodbury/Nonnewaug High School


In
Woodbury, Connecticut
To
One of our blog postings about our culture.
In this case,
 (Weddings).

Native American Wedding Ceremony (Traditional)

06/09/2011


Do you offer tobacco at a Native American wedding?

Yes!

A good Traditional Spiritual Leader uses a lot of tobacco

(Kinnick ~ Kinnick).

First thing my long time followers might have notices about this post is that I allowed a picture with the word chief in it.

Something that, for the most part, is Taboo to every Traditionalist.

However

In this case, this is a school in the area of my ancestors and any Traditionalist Elder can adopt a school and put the students to work.

Remember

In our culture a chief is a temporary position and only a chief by appointment
by a
'Head Clan Mother'
or the
 Shechaim (Sachem).

I now charge the Students
(Chiefs),
 to learn why they now have the right
to be called a chief.

Both of the photos are of my last wedding
to a couple and their parents,
four very dear people of the clan,
before my retirement
and
our move south for my health.
The second is
Donna
and
Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment